Qpinch is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer.
What you’ll do
- You will be part of the core team, designing and engineering our innovative heat transformers.
- You will participate in the design, commissioning and start-up of new plants to increase your personal technical knowledge across the whole implementation process.
- You solve problems in close collaboration with other engineers to ensure safe operation of the equipment and to drive reliability improvements in a cost efficient manner.
- You deliver mechanical and process engineering services that meet Qpinch, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- You provide consulting in the field of power and heat generation units with variable sizes, fuel sources and complexity.
- Mechanical design and specification of equipment. Support to procurement and evaluation of technical documents issued by contractors and manufacturers
- You actively participate to the invitations to tender, the analysis and technical-commercial negotiation of bids as well as the awarding of contracts for the supply of equipment or services.
- You take part in factory tests, in the supervision of on-site assembly and in commissioning tests for mechanical equipment or systems
- You take part to consultancy mission, and in particular assess the performances, remaining lifetime and general condition of the main mechanical equipment in existing installations
- You communicate effectively with the project team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
What you’ll need
- A master degree Mechanical Engineering (> 5 years experience)
- Start-up mindset (focus, set and adapt priorities, move fast, embrace the change, be flexible and innovative thinking)
- You communicate easily, verbally and written in English. Other languages are a plus
- Writing and reviewing mechanical specifications
- Procurement of mechanical equipment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills (English & Dutch: verbal & written)
- Knowledge of AutoCad (or other CAD softwares) is a plus
- Well organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proactive, with an ability to anticipate, identify and resolve potential issues
- Effective leadership skills, including influencing with no direct formal authority
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with people from various backgrounds in developing innovative solutions of highest general interest
- Broad career interests and international minds
- Management of suppliers (quality, cost, schedule)
- Cooperate with client, third parties and project disciplines/field
- Traveling around the world for 10% of your time
If you have the curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us to help major companies realize important savings while making a dent in global greenhouse gas emissions.
Let’s move the world forward, together.