Senior Process Engineer
Qpinch is a scale-up that is rolling out a breakthrough energy efficiency solution for the industry. Our primary market is the global petrochemical industry, which is facing a huge challenge to achieve net-zero emissions in the next decades. With our heat transformer, we can help save substantial amounts of emissions – and money – in their operations. We’re based in Antwerp, Belgium, but our focus is global.
We’re looking for a senior process engineer that contributes to our core team with the development, realization, and optimization of the Qpinch heat transformer.
- You design and implement the most economical processes in terms of safety, energy efficiency, environment, and profitability, within budget and schedule.
- You develop, review, and approve process flow diagrams, heat, and material balances using Aspen Plus simulation software.
- You execute the thermal design of reactors and heat exchanges.
- You are a technical focal point and lead the set-up of P&IDs, datasheets, process descriptions, and all other process-related deliverables as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
- You act as a consultant on process issues for our clients in various industries.
- You support the business development team in translating the customer requirements into a concept and business case.
- You set up risks analyses and participate in safety studies (HAZOP).
Your skills and qualifications
- A Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering, with a focus on process technology
- Minimum 10 years of experience with the design and operation of process installations.
- Excellent project management skills, and experience with various project phases of large petrochemical projects.
- A drive to explore different ways to solve problems, resulting in innovative solutions.
- Strong ambition and a hands-on approach to rollout Qpinch technology.
- Excellent knowledge of thermodynamics and Aspen simulation software (Aspen Plus and EDR) – Knowledge of Aspen Capital Cost Estimator is a plus.
- You love to network and you’re client-oriented.
- You’re a team player in a multidisciplinary team and love sharing knowledge and coaching your colleagues.
- Good working knowledge of English and Dutch.
If you’re eager to join the team that is going to make a dent in global greenhouse gas emissions, then drop us a line at jobs [at] qpinch.com.